I am so excited to welcome you to Kindergarten at Western Elementary School!
About Mr. Coviello
I became a teacher because I love being given the grand opportunity to mold young minds and build meaningful relationships with students! Since I was an elementary student at Maple Hill, I knew I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. My teachers at Maple Hill were so inspiring and amazing, that I wanted to also be part of that realm. I enjoy working with each and every student in reaching their full potential and beyond! Naugatuck is a special district because it is committed to every one of their students, as well as the families! The biggest reason why I love working at Western School I because every staff member works together to ensure our students succeed. The teachers and staff members here are some of the most wonderful people you can meet!
I have been very blessed with the opportunity to be teaching Kindergarten this year! I started with Naugatuck Public Schools in 2014 as an intern at Maple Hill completing my Master’s Degree. I also completed my student teaching at Hop Brook in 2015. I have been at Western School for the previous two years as a Reading and Math Interventionist. This year, I joined the Kindergarten team!
- Education: University of Bridgeport M.S. Elementary Education, Class of 2015
- Years teaching: 1
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: 4
- A few of my favorite things: Batman, John Deere tractors, coffee, spending time with family and friends.
- A fun fact about me: I lived in Naugatuck until I was 15. I attended Maple Hill Elementary, City Hill Middle School, and Naugatuck High School for two years before moving to Watertown to complete my junior and senior years.
- Classes I teacher: Kindergarten
- Wish list for supplies:
- A complete set of clothes.
- A positive attitude and a big smile coming into school each day!