First Grade Teacher
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” —Albert Einstein
Hi!! I am Mrs. Mauro and I am a first grade teacher . Teaching is an absolute passion of mine! I love working with Western families. Every year I look forward to meeting new students and families. It is always a year full of fun, learning, and lots of adventures. I can not wait to see what this year has in store for us.
I thought you would like to know a little bit about me. This will be my fourth year teaching at Western School but my 14th year teaching. I am married to my wonderful husband, Matt, and we have an adorable son, Read. Read will have his 2nd birthday this summer. We will be spending a lot of time at the park, playing Frisbee with our 2 dogs and going on vacation.
We are going to have so much fun in first grade. We will be reading, writing and playing cool math games.
All About Mrs. Mauro
- Fill out the following information using bold text. You do not have to answer every question if it doesn’t apply to you, but try to answer as many as you can. This is meant to give prospective students and parents a little flavor of who you are:
- Education: Masters in Education
- Years teaching: 13
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: 3
- A few of my favorite things: my son, coffee, chocolate, and working out
- A fun fact about me: I love to participate in different fitness competitions like half marathons and Tough Mudders.
- Classes I teacher: When I am not teaching first grade I am coaching adults and children Crossfit.
- Wish list for supplies: glue sticks, colored paper and card stock, tissues